Disk formatting: how is it done in Windows 10?
Disk formatting occurs under several conditions. Some people do this just to free up space, but others do it to rid the disk of viruses. Format your disk in Windows and requires an optimal process not to damage the latter. How to get formatted disk? Why should you format your drive in Windows 10?
What is the advantage of formatting your hard drive?
Nowadays, Windows 10 disk formatting is more and more tricky. It intervenes to meet a specific user need. Some do it to reinstall the Windows s system of their laptop, to eradicate a virus or even remove malicious software. Another reason for formatting the drive is to delete this data when you decide to gift your device to someone else.
But not many people know how to do disk formatting well. Especially when it comes to doing it on Windows 10 with Windows built-in disk management tool or third party free partition software.
How to format hard drive in Windows 10 with Windows Disk Manager ?
To format your drive in Windows 10, you need to do it following specific steps so as not to damage the drive. You can achieve this with the built-in Disk Manager in Windows 10 which is intended to create, delete, resize, format or merge partitions. Find out here, the process.
- In the search bar, type Control Panel.
- Click on “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Administrative Tools”.
- Click on “Computer Management”.
- Click on “Disk Management”.
- Right click on the drive or partition you want to format, then click "Format."
- Select the file system and choose the cluster size.
- Click "OK" to format the drive.